Thursday 22 August 2013

Teething Bling Review

As the teething journey continues for Layla, so does the ongoing grabbing of anything near her and chewing on it and of course not everything that she finds should be going in that little mouth of hers!!!


Teething Bling is the original teething jewellery, producing a wide range of pendants and bangles that are great for both mummy and baby. Teething Bling is sold in this country by Smart Mum UK, these are the only approved distributor of Teething Bling in the UK. When the lovely Lynne at Smart Mum UK asked me to review a couple of items from the Teething Bling range, I was more than happy to oblige, I mean what woman in their right mind would say no to jewellery!!!

I received :

* a shimmer pendant in the mother of pearl colourway

and

* a turquoise bangle

All Teething Bling jewellery is made from the same material as most teething toys which is FDA approved.

The products are non-toxic and free from phthalate, BPA, PVC, latex and lead.

They also carry the CE certification, making them completely safe for your little ones, this also gives you as a parent peace of mind that you know exactly what your baby's are putting in their mouths!!

The pendants each come with a doughnut shape ring which is attached to a long black cord. At the middle of the cord is a breakaway clasp, just an added bit of safety for you and your child.


You can see from the picture above that the cord is quite long, this gives plenty of room for your little one to move around whilst they are holding onto the pendant, this also means that mummy won't get pulled around as baby moves, no sore necks in sight. 

I think I loved the bangle more than Layla did, the bright colour meant that it made a great accessory for me, it really brightened up my outfits and I have to admit that turquoise is one of my favourite colours.


I have tiny wrists but I still managed to keep the bangle on easily. The good thing about the bangle is that your little ones can sit and play with it by themselves as there is no risk of them swallowing it, getting strangled by it etc.

The material that all the jewellery is made out of is nice and flexible, soft on the gums but little toothy pegs don't leave any bite marks on them once they have had a chew on it. 

I struggle to find anything negative to say, the only thing that I can say is that I found there to be quite a strong rubbery smell that lingered for a while once out of the packets, it has lessened the more the jewellery has been used but that was slightly off putting.

All jewellery is dishwasher safe and can be washed and cleaned in warm soapy water, so no pesky germs left lurking on there.

With bangles priced at £8.95 and pendants starting at £10.00, I think Teething Bling is well worth the money. With so many beautiful colours to choose from, I would be tempted to buy one for every day of the week. The jewellery is made to last and once your little one has made their way through the teething stage, mummy can still keep using it as jewellery for herself, well I say mummy, my girls have taken to using Teething Bling as jewellery for themselves too, so one for all the family really!!

xxxx

Disclaimer : The teething jewellery was sent to me free of charge for reviewing purposes however all thoughts and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

I love hearing from my readers so please feel free to leave comment.